Usually, our blog posts get inspiration from Mila’s most recent conversations, but as you may have noticed, there’s no new drop this week. We have a whole new season starting next week, but in the meantime, we’re announcing our new Patreon membership service: The Civics Club!
We’re so excited to launch a membership service, and it’s been a long time coming. We wanted a platform to share extra content, extended interviews, and other tidbits with you, but we’re most excited about the increased level of interaction we’ll get to have with our members. We love hearing from you, answering your questions, fielding your comments, and generally getting engaged, and we anticipate taking that interaction to a whole new level with The Civics Club! For the price of a single latte, you can now become a part of our growing community of activists, organizers, and engaged citizens (plus, we’re giving away swag to our early-bird sign-ups).
What Do You Get?
As a member of The Civics Club, you’ll get:
- Extended Episodes:In our effort to keep our episodes succinct and clear, we put our interviews through a rigorous editing gauntlet. Usually, our conversations run between 40 minutes and an hour, but we endeavor to deliver a final episode that is under half an hour. We’re careful to make sure our edits don’t change the message, but we still end up chopping a fair amount from our finished product. As part of The Civics Club, we’re giving our members a fuller version of the episode so that our listeners can be even more inspired!
- Ad-Free Regular Episodes: If listening to hour-long interviews isn’t your thing, we’re also offering our regular, edited episodes, but without the ads! Members will also enjoy getting these episodes each Tuesday evening, instead of the typical Friday drops.
- Bonus Content: The Civics Club goes even further inside the minds of our guests by dropping short bonus episodes focusing on the personal stories and journeys into their civic engagement. You’ll get personal anecdotes, book or author recommendations, and additional words of wisdom from all of our guests in a quick, easily digestible format.
- Transcripts of Regular Episodes: If you’ve ever wanted to go back and pull a quote, find a referenced author or professor, or prefer reading interviews, don’t miss our published transcripts. Weekly transcripts will be available along with early access to weekly episodes.
- Access to the Future Hindsight Team: Thanks to Patreon’s built-in communication methods, listeners will have the opportunity to interact with the team like never before! Got a guest suggestion, a burning question, or want to say hi to Mila? The Civics Club is your opportunity, and we’re so excited to hear from you!
As we get more comfortable with the platform, we’ll be rolling out new features, tinkering with our existing offerings, and adding new ways to stay engaged with the Future Hindsight community. We want our members to be in on the premium content discussion, so if there’s something you’d love to see from us, please let us know.
We hope you’ll join The Civics Club, and support the work we do, strengthening democracy and promoting civic engagement. We have content planned for the rest of 2020 and beyond, so join us now and… Stay Engaged!